Sex crimes detectives have sent cases involving actor Steven Seagal and Hollywood agent Adam Venit to the Los Angeles County District Attorney for possible prosecution, an agency spokesman said Friday.
Beverly Hills Police presented the Seagal case on Jan. 31, the spokesman said.
Los Angeles Police forwarded the Venit case on Feb. 6, he said.
Both cases are now under “review,” prosecutors said, releasing no further details.
Actor Terry Crews previously accused Venit of groping his genitals at an industry event at Hutchinson’s Restaurant.
Multiple women have accused Seagal of sexual misconduct dating back decades, including actresses Jenny McCarthy, Portia de Rossi and Julianna Margulies.
McCarthy said the action star demanded she show him her breasts during a 1995 audition for “Under Siege 2.” She said the role did not include any on-screen nudity.
De Rossi accused Seagal of unzipping his pants during an audition.
Former aspiring actress Regina Simons told NBC News that she was 18 years old in 1993 when Seagal invited her to his Beverly Hills home for an alleged party after she appeared as an extra in his movie “On Deadly Ground.”
“Before I knew it, he was on top of me,” she said.
Simons said she froze with fear and stared at a photo of Seagal and his then-wife Kelly LeBrock as Seagal raped her.
The Los Angeles County DA task force now considering the new cases already has five cases under review involving disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein — three from LAPD and two from Beverly Hills Police.
Send a Letter to the Editor