Subscribers of The Straits Times can look forward to more rewards and privileges this year, including a trip for two to the United Kingdom, thousands of tickets to movie premieres and VIP passes to Disney On Ice shows.
These are some of the giveaways under the ST+ news with benefits programme, which rewards loyal subscribers.
Straits Times editor Warren Fernandez, who is also editor-in-chief of Singapore Press Holdings’ (SPH) English/Malay/Tamil Media group, said: “We value our readers and subscribers, especially those who have supported us over the years. This is why we are constantly looking for ways to work with our partners to put together a host of special benefits for our subscribers.
“This is what we mean by ‘news with benefits’.”
Since last April, ST and its 150 participating retailers have given away almost $200,000 worth of rewards.
With a wide range of benefits offered, the exclusive ST+ programme promises a little something for everyone in the coming months.
This Valentine’s Day, subscribers who are travel junkies have a chance to win a six-day vacation for two worth about $10,000 to the UK. The trip, in partnership with tour operator Trafalgar, Red Carnation Hotels and Norwegian Air, will include a pair of round-trip premium class air tickets from Singapore to London, and a two-night stay at the luxury Summer Lodge Country House Hotel, Restaurant and Spa in Dorset.
The contest ends tomorrow.
A total of 3,000 premiere tickets will soon be given out for six upcoming movies: Death Wish, Red Sparrow, Tomb Raider, Rampage, Deadpool 2 and Ocean’s 8.
During next month’s school holidays, a family of four will enjoy front-row seats, VIP passes and a meet-and-great opportunity at Disney On Ice Celebrates Everyone’s Story. Another 10 subscribers will win a pair of VIP tickets each. They are the winners of a contest that closed on Wednesday.
Food and wine enthusiasts will also stand a chance to enjoy various discounts and gourmet treats.
Mr Eric Ng, head of circulation marketing at SPH, said: “We have been receiving increasingly positive feedback from our direct subscribers, and the team will continuously be dedicated to engaging our readers with more experiential deals and giveaways.”
Last year’s rewards and privileges included free blockbuster movie premiere tickets, a food trail to top hawker delights and a trip for two to Margaret River worth $10,000.
ST gave out 7,500 free movie premiere tickets to more than 20 films, including Wonder Woman and Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Last December, 15 families enjoyed a special sleepover at the SEA Aquarium at Resorts World Sentosa.
How to enjoy subscriber rewards
• Open the Apple App Store for iPhone users or Google Play for Android phone users.
• Search for the SPH Rewards app and download it. Users with existing mySPH accounts can use the same user ID and password to log in. Those who have yet to create an account can follow the simple steps to register for one.
• Subscribers can get family members to download the app on their own devices and sign in using the same log-in details to benefit from the deals.
• After logging in, simply flash the ST+ e-card in the app to enjoy benefits from various partners.
• Also look out for giveaways in the Rewards section. Save the deals in your e-wallet and press the “Go to website” button on the “Details page”, where you can answer contest questions and receive giveaways.